Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Wedding & The Fashion (and the hats! Oh the hats!)

Okay, so who watched the royal wedding? I did! I've been tracking Prince William & Catharine (Kate) Middleton since before they announced their engagement. I'm would've taken the day off from school just to watch it, but I couldn't, the eighth grade waits for no one. I did get up early to watch the wedding, but not early enough, I only cought the end. *Cue fake sad face* Not only did Kate look gorgeous and Wills look adorable (I have a little crush on him,) but the ceremony was beautiful and historic as well. What I liked to focus on was the clothing everyone wore, and who all was there. Elton John, David Beckham, & Posh Spice were among the crowd.

The Queen and Prince Philip seen here riding in style. The Queen always looks presentable, though all her dresses look ultimately the same. But she sure can work the pastels! Plus she looks fabulously British in her hat. I love all the hats, I would've worn one to school if I could, (and if I owned one.) The Queen is also wearing her favorite color, yellow! It's mine too and we have the same name, we have so much in common!
 
And here's the royal couple! I think that they make a beautiful couple, they're both amazing. Kate also has a great sense of fashion (which I"ll talk about later.) Her dress is amazing, I would definately wear it, think she'll loan it to me in 15 years? Kate's dress was ivory colored and was designed by Britsh fashion designer, Sarah Burton of Alexander McQueen.The lace for the bodice and skirt was hand-made by the Royal School of Needlework.
 I couldn't find any pictures but the tiara Kate wore was given to Princess Elizabeth II by her mother on her 18th birthday. The Queen then gave it to Kate for her wedding day. Kate's earrings, (Did you see them? Gorgeous!) were made to match the tiara and given to Kate by her family. The design of acorns and oak leaves represents Kates love of the outdoors, like on the Middleton Coat of Arms
See Kate's amazing hat? I love her hat collection (and the rest of her clothes,) I would love to see her closet.

This is one of Kate's most photographed outfits, it's very well put together. Kate's outfits are a perfect balance between proper English and modern style. And look at her hat! (It doesn't hurt that she's so freaking pretty!)


Ah, of course, the engagement dress. This sold out online within hours of the announcement! Plus look at the ring, Diana (Bless her soul,  I love that women! Of course, I was barely alive in her time. I might do a piece on her later.) definately had an amazing ring. I can't think of anyone more deserving than Kate.

 On a quick note: who else sees the resemblence between Princess Grace Kelly's dress and Kate's? Kate and Camilla Parker Bowles were overherd talking about how much they both amdired Grace's dress. Kate definately added some great twists to the vintage beauty.

For more information check out http://www.officialroyalwedding2011.com/

*None of these photos are mine.*

No comments:

Post a Comment